Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Creating an Interesting Textured Background

Hello friends!


I am back to share a recent project I made. This time, I am utilizing Spellbinders Monthly Club Kit (dies, pattern paper and embossing folder) and put it all together as one background. 

love you lots

To start, I selected the pattern paper from this month's card kit. I ran them all through the smallest rectangle die from Precision Layering Rectangle Die Set.These two sets of rectangle dies are staple to all of your layering. I used the smallest rectangle die.
love you lots -001

Once I die cut them, I layered them up and pasted them onto the thin paper. Next, I ran the entire piece through the die cut machine with this month's Embossing Folder. Now you can see why this background is looking very interesting....

love you lots -002

I then chose the frame image and ephemera for the focal point. Here are the two cards that I made with a twist to the background (dry-embossed pattern paper background). 

EF

I hope that you are feeling inspired.  Thanks for stopping by!

A note about using the affiliate links... all my product links are affiliate links. If you happen to shop through my affiliate links, I will get a small commission at no additional cost to you. Simply use the link before you check out/make payment. I truly appreciate your support.
 
Glimmer Hot Foil Sale HERE
Shop Clearance HERE and check out HERE

11 comments:

Sue D said...

I like how you created the background. I will have to try this.

MadeByMeghanK said...

Love the patterns and great backgrounds!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love the patterns you combine with the ef and ephemera, Virginia!!

Linda BL said...

What a great background on the first card! If you ever wanted to start a second hobby, you would be good at quilting!, the patterned paper you put together would make a really pretty quilt block.

Cindy C. said...

Awesome!!

Denise Bryant said...

Love the print papers/embossed design combo for your backgrounds!

Ms. Tamp said...

Nice idea for combining paper scraps to create the background.

Maria Giselle B. said...

Love this idea. I'll definitely give this a try.

Dawn T said...

awesome background Virginia. what a delightful card. I like doing dry embossing on patterned paper. Always gives a lovely texture and look

Kathy Raker said...

Very nice embossed patterned paper background. Very pretty!

Purple Princess said...

lovely cards