Hello friends!
However, I love this kit so much that I decided to have another go and came up with another idea.
This time, I add tons of colors without having to color the image. The title of this post is misleading (yeah I know-...sorry!).
But the truth is, I did color the image with ink-smooshing. The result is usually gorgeous and organic. The more you do, the easier it gets.
A few things to keep in mind:
1. pay attention to the space
2. controlled use of water
3. avoid using multiple colors at the same time (this can create unwanted muddle)
4. color-layering is a good thing
5. select your stamp/die wisely: outline stamps are generally ideal for this
The thing is EVERYONE can do ink-smooshing. The tricky part is how not to look like a hot mess. If you can make your ink-smooshing look "intentional", you definitely are above the crowd.
I am listing a few other Project Kits that are also suitable for ink-smooshing.
Last but certainly not the least..... It brings me a great pleasure to announce the TWO lucky random commenters!

Every month, Altenew offers two giveaway to my followers/readers. I am thankful for your frequent visits and that you take some precious time to leave me a comment. Your feedback and comments are the energy boost that keep me going. Without further ado, here are the two winners.
from this post:
-
Dawn T said...Awesome background Virginia. You really have made such a beautiful card. - May 21, 2022 at 2:02 AM

from this post:
Thanks for stopping by!
Receive a FREE brand-new Happy Sentiments Stamp Set($4.99 value) with *every order from 05/25/2022 at 12:01 am EDT until 05/27/2022 at 11:59 pm EDT or while supplies last. The free gift will be added to cart automatically. *Not valid on online class, workshop, gift card, and monthly subscription plan orders.







13 comments:
Really pretty cards. Your ink smooshing turned out so well and has an artsy vibe. I really like the shaped card! It is one of my favorites out of all your gorgeous cards.
Congratulations to the winners!
Gorgeous Virginia. You are the queen of smooshing. And thanks for choosing me as a winner... timely as loving some of the new embossing folders!
Gorgeous effect! Will have to try this!
CONGRATS to the winners and Beautiful FLOWERS!!!
I'll have to give ink smooshing a try...this turned out so pretty.
Nice card shares. I like the shaped card and the tips for ink smoothing.
Nice work on your cards. Love this Craft Your Life Project Kit. I am adding it to my wish list. Thank you for sharing such nice art work.
Love the colors~ Congrats to the winners.
Love your colors and beautiful cards! And congrats to the winners!! You are so generous and love your work!!
Gorgeous cards with this pretty floral image! The ink smooshing looks fabulous, and I love the colors!
Congrats to Dawn and Maura!
Love how you used ink smooshing on this gorgeous floral arrangement! And THANKS SO MUCH for the win on the drawing - I can't wait to spend it! Sorry for the delay in thanking you, my Bloglovin' is not consistently working for me anymore -frustrating!!!
Love the ink smooshing. Looks like stained glass flowers, bright and bold. Gorgeous!
A card worth saving to my Pinterest board! It does remind me of stained glass too,
Post a Comment