Monday, September 11, 2023

Gel-Printing a Set of Cards

Hello friends!

sets

It's been a while since I played with my Gelli-plate. I am incorporating Altenew Sketched Florals Stamp and Die Bundle in this design. There are a few versions of Gel Plate  I'd recommend the following for purchase.


Sketched Florals (Altenew, Scrapbook. com, Simon Says Stamp)

 Scrapbook.com-->Ranger Ink-Gell Plate (3 pack) $39.99

Simon Says Stamp--->Gel Press 8x10 $25.99

 thanks -001

 I actually started out with creating the envelopes. If you like the unique and original designs, Gel Plate can easily fulfill that desire for you. It's nearly impossible to duplicate the exact designs. That's what's special about the Gelli Plate. 

cards

To facilitate the inking, you will need a dependable brayer like this (shop SSS here). 

I chose just 3 colors of Distress Oxide: Old Paper (SSS),  Kitsch Flamingo (SSS) and Evergreen Bough (SSS)   

thanks

 As you can see the panel paper's color combo is exactly the same as the envelopes. That is because I used the brayer to get rid of the ink on a piece of card-stock while inking up the Gelli Plate. That way, I will get this inky paper that has the same color pallet! 

card sets

I also stamped the Sketched Floral around the envelopes and used the die cut for my focal point. Create a card set is really fun and easy to do. I highly encourage you to try as it is so relaxing and therapeutic. 

I also appreciate that you use my text links for your shopping. The affiliated links on the right side bar works great, too. Thank you for stopping by!

 

card set

Thanks for stopping by! 

From Altenew: FREE NEW Proud of You Stencil ($6.99 value) on orders over $49 from 9/11/2023 at 12:01 am EDT until 9/12/2023 at 11:59 pm EDT. Shop HEREThe free gift will be added to cart automatically on eligible orders while supplies last.

From Scrapbook. com: FREE GIFT: Scrapbook.com Exclusive Mini Love Emboss & Die Set&  FREE GIFT: American Crafts - Moxy Embossing Pen (Medium Tip) , Shop HERE

From Simon Says StampFree USA Shipping for $25+ orders with code FRSHP, International (use code 799).  Shop and check out HERE
Thank you for stopping by!
 

12 comments:

Linda BL said...

Oh my goodness— these cards are wonderful. I love the colors used and the designs. So very pretty!.

Franci H said...

Beautiful!!

MadeByMeghanK said...

How cool! I have never done gel pressing!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful cards! Gel printing is something I have never done!

Marianne said...

These are looking fabulous, Virginia. I think this colour combo would also work great for Christmas cards.
Thanks for the inspiration!
Marianne x

Sue D said...

Very pretty color combo. I need to get out my gel plates.

brandco2450@gmail.com said...

Beautiful cards and colours!

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

Virginia these worked out so well. Love your colour combination and the stamps you added. Wonderful set of cards.

Denise Bryant said...

Wonderful cards! I have two gel plates but I haven't tried them yet!

ionabunny said...

These are so pretty. Love the abstract background. HUgz

Kathy Raker said...

Love the various muted color background papers. Can use for various occasions even Christmas.

Ms. Tamp said...

I like the idea for the design. Nice color and focal point.