Sunday, October 1, 2023

NEW- Art Journaling and More

Happy October, friends!

I hope this post finds you well.  With the new month and new chapter, I am going to start with a brand new feature...that is, I am jumping on the art journal bandwagon. 

Starting October, I will share at least one or two page of my art journal at the beginning of the month. There will be stamping, die cutting, cutting and pasting... and more Mixed Media Art. I am excited to try out something new. Hope you like this new feature! 

I recently purchased the Solar Paste and gave it a try! I have other embossing paste and find the Simon Hurley paste VERY fine and creamy. 

 Since I am just beginning to do art journal, it would have been nice to get a proper art journal like this or this. However, I couldn't wait for the online shipping, I went ahead and bought a Mixed Media book from my local Michael's.  Here is the first page from my art journaling. 

 Trellis Stencil-Solar Paste-002

 As mentioned, I will use what I have in my stash. These fall embellishments art part of the Quick and Easy Card Kit from Spellbinders. The ephemera are great additions for art-journaling.I also used Altenew Trellis Stencil  (Scrapbook. com, Simon Says Stamp) for the page.

Trellis Stencil-Solar Paste-001

 Starting with creating an ink-smooshed color background. I then added the torn paper in the middle and embellished the page with fall-themed images. 

Trellis Stencil-Solar Paste

 Applying the Solar Paste to Trellis Stencil was easy and smooth. Spreading tools like this is sufficient. The Distress Oxide Ink I used are shown in the photo. 

Obviously, I will not have all the new supplies from Altenew any more as I stepped down from the design team since August. I will try to use products from my stash. I must admit that some of the supplies have not been used at all. I hope through my sharing and blogging, you will continue to find inspiration. 

Some of you asked me why I stepped down from the Altenew DT. Isn't it amazing to be on the team?

 It is/was! I love love getting FREE new products and that was the best perk for being on a design team. However, there were a lot of hours and hours going into the design process, photo editing, submitting and posting and sharing in a designated deadline. Truthfully, I was fortunate to be on the card DT since 2017 and now I have come to the crossroad and decided to turn a new corner. I simply want to create freely without feeling the pressure and demands of promoting only certain company's products.  I also want spend more time with my grandson and getting back to traveling. Not having commitments and obligations are very freeing. I hope this will reflect on creating my future projects. You can understand that I need to continue to evolve and grow and not feeling stagnate... 

Knowing you, I know I have YOUR unwavering support. THANK YOU!

11 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

So fun to see you jumping into art journaling, V! And I hear you about all the work of being on a DT - you did it so well & deserve a break! Hugs to you!!

brandco2450@gmail.com said...

Love this first page of your art journal!
And I must congratulate you on what must have
been a hard decision. You have worked so hard
over these years, and taught us all so much.
Can we call you a lady of leisure now!!! Enjoy!
xoxoxo Sharon

b.p. said...

Looking forward to seeing what's in store for you in this new chapter of your art journey (and freedom in creating or just enjoying life!)

Sue D said...

I like your cute journal page.

Linda BL said...

What a great start to your journey into art journaling! It must be odd not to be thinking of all the projects you would have had to commit to as a DT member. It must feel like a weight has been lifted and now you are free to explore new and fun things. As others have mentioned, I learned so many things from you over the years. Have fun with your journaling!

Lin said...

Wishing you all the best as you turn a page, Virginia! You never know what's around the corner! Lots of hugs!

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

I so agree with you! Enjoying what you are creating is so important! I wish you the best!

I Card Everyone said...

I most heartily agree with you, Virginia. As honored as I was to be on a few company design teams, no one appreciates the time it takes to complete those many projects.
Congratulations on reclaiming your time - have fun with your new hobby! and hugs for your sweet grandbaby!
=]

Denise Bryant said...

Fun to try something different! Your page looks great!

Ms. Tamp said...

I love the idea to find new ways to use favorite and little used products. I appreciate that you share your work. It's hard to know just how much time the process can take for those outside the sphere.

Kathy Raker said...

Enjoy your free time with family and creating memories.