Hello friends!
(go ahead and bookmark this post to remind yourself these 7 things!)
I am happy to share 7 fun things to try with stamps and dies over Altenew Card blog. Today's post will give your some creative prompts and hopefully, get your creative juice flowing. I am sharing a few cards with Craft-a-Flower Rose as they will give you more visual and help you understand the ideas.
1 Use a negative sentiment die: the new Essential Sentiment Strips Die was released just in time! These negative die is absolutely amazing for adding sentiment without too much work. I used Jet Black Card Stock and ran it through Mini Blossom along with the Die Cut Metal Shim and that's it! In this set, there are also many other sentiment for your special sentiment. AND you can also use the bits of alphabet for sentiment or use BOTH with different colors!
2 use vellum: there is something special about using transparency. The lightness of paper conveys that extra softness. The delicate die cut leaf adds just the right touch.
3. hand-stitching: if you can sew a button, you can hand-stitch your card! These stitches may seem insignificant, but it really makes your handmade card that much more special. I like how the cross-stitch secured the gold leaf and kept it in place.
4 Die-cut your own embellishment: the gold leaf from Craft-a Flower Rose makes a lovely embellishment. The Gold Foil Paper is very handy and goes a long way! Imagine how you can use your small leaf and floral die as embellishments?
5 use color card stock: you must try using color card stock if you use predominantly white card stock. The color card stock makes the design extra bright and happy. It really makes the color pop even more!
6 use die with foam for stamping: Inspired by the amazing Lydia Evans video (see here), I have been enjoying using the die as stamps. By die-cutting the die with foam, you are able to use the Craft-a -Flower Rose as stamps. Honestly, this is quite a game-changer for all of your floral dies and more. I know you will be hooked as I am. Thank you, Lydia!
7 Stamping with gradient Effect: notice the various green and and yellow? These gradient colors are made possible by mini in cubes. I find it so easy to add multiple colors with the mini ink cube set such as Cerulean Skies , Sweet Dreams, and Sunflower Field.
You can reuse the foam if it keeps the shape after stamping. However, foam is readily available in any craft store and dollar store. The thickness of foam doesn't matter as much. As long as you can make a good print with stamps, you are good to go.
These cards were all created with Craft-a Flower Rose with various techniques and supplies.
If you have not tried any of these 7 things, it's time to explore and possibilities and have some stamping and die-cutting fun! Thank you so much for stopping by!
Altenew offers 45% off Doodle Blooms Stamp & Die Bundle (today only) and receive a FREE gift(Doodle Blooms Project Inspiration Guide) --please use link below










11 comments:
It's yellow...that grabbed my attention quickly but all your amazing Virginia touches kept it there. Gorgeous card.
Thanks for these 7 ways--beautiful cards.
These are brilliant! Thanks for all the ideas.
What a lovely card and seven amazing tips. I hope to put some of them to use.
Thank you for sharing these tips and tricks. It definitely extends the use of a die. I would like to try the last technique, adding gradient effect. I don't have a lot of cube inks but I will see what I can do with what I have.
Beautiful cards using those fun tips, Virginia!!
Virginia, you have some amazing tips and they are all on one card! I think that is super efficient of you and resourceful and spectacular! I like the gradient tip the best I believe. I will have to give it a whirl. :) I really like all of your cards that you shared, thanks for the inspiration and tips!!!!
I'll bet you have a lot more up your sleeve and in your creative mind! I love the red rose over the black strip--so elegant!
Oooo I LOVE the yellow and gold one! Gorgeous cards!
Wow, what a fun collection of ideas for dies - I love how you stitched the leaf onto the card, what a statement that little detail adds - and the colors on this card are some of my faves!
Just so beautiful!!
Post a Comment