Hello friends!
As Spring is finally here in my neck of the woods, I find it more inspiring to create spring flowers. Peonies are my favorite!
Today's project is all about Prim Peonies and Mixed Media.
Prim Peonies Bundle (Altenew),
Prim Peonies Stamp (Simon Says Stamp), Prim Peonies Die (Simon Says Stamp)
For a project with Mixed Media, it is all about details and layers. I had blast adding details and layers as I created. First, it's the background colors. I used Gel Plate for this purpose.
I have two sets of ink brayers and did find the Tim Holtz (Ranger) Ink Brayer is superior in terms of applying the inks.
Once I was happy with the inked background, I stamped the Prim Peonies with the StampWheel. MISTI will do a fine job on this as well. The only difference is that StampWheel Set comes with the Sticky Grid Mat.
You can now purchase the Sticky Grid Mat separately without the StampWheel. I used the Sticky Grid Mat to stamp the colors and really loved the effect.
I also added faux stitching (top corners) and stamped and fussy cut the two sets of leaves. What do you think? I appreciate that you use my text product (affiliated) links for your shopping.
Thanks for stopping by!





9 comments:
Pretty dimension and colors! I love the beautiful peonies!
Love the mixed media look to your card Virginia. The Peonies look stunning against the stunning background.
Really stunning card. Love the effect you got with the grid lines and the stitching.
Great looking card design!
Beautiful, Virginia! I love the colours you chose!
This is amazing! I love the layers and texture of your mixed media!
Beautiful colors. I can't wait until my peonies bloom.
The real and peach go well together. Love the background too.
I like the mixed media take. Great to know that the stamping mat is available to buy.
Post a Comment