Sunday, September 17, 2023

Coloring on Vellum

Hello friends!

I am popping in with a super fun project with this band new stamp set. This set is part of the collaboration of Altenew and Simon Says Stamp for STAMPtember 2023. 

click here--> Rose Reverie Stamp Set

My project is a mix of vellum, die-cutting, embossing, alcohol markers coloring and pattern paper.

hello

I started out with white-embossing the images on vellum (I used THIS and THIS is a good alternative). I love the details of the lines and white-embossing is one of the best way to show them off.

DSC_0094

Now, you might ask...." How do you adhere the vellum to the yell0w-ined pattern paper?" . Yes, I had that dilemma! I decided to cut out the stamped flowers (copy paper) and adhered that to the back of velum. I can use pop dots like I normally do. Problem solved!

hello -002

No sequins? No problem!

hello -001 

To add interests, I cut out some two sizes of small holes with Glitter cardstock. They are even better than sequins as they are totally flat!

hello -003

What do you think? I am loving it! The process of creating this project was also fun and therapeutic. I hope that you have your stamp sets in your stash and can try out this look!

Please click HERE (Simon Says Stamp) or any of the links on my right side bars just before you make your online payment. Thank you.

About the affiliated link: please know I will not get a commission if you click on my affiliated link and then enter a coupon code to pay...instead, please click my affiliated link HERE just before checking out/paying. I appreciate your support so much.

Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

Dawn T said...

simply gorgeous Virginia. A lovely co-lab stamp set.

Sue D said...

So pretty. thanks for sharing how you attached the vellum.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Your card is so very beautiful!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Your vellum roses look amazing, Virginia!!

Linda BL said...

Love this card! What a clever idea to use the copy paper to help with gluing the vellum. Always an issue with vellum.

brandco2450@gmail.com said...

Beautiful!

Denise Bryant said...

So pretty! I love the look of the vellum paper!

Kathy Raker said...

Beautiful! Great idea on attaching vellum.

Ms. Tamp said...

Great results and nice set choice. It really gives space to show the technique.