Saturday, September 9, 2023

Dramatic Background with Pattern Paper

Hello friends!

 Are you intimidated with the BOLD print of the pattern paper? Don't be! I am sharing a dramatic card without the drama today.


Altenew Craft Your Life Project Kit (Sunshine Flower) is now available for purchase/subscribe. I am using this kit as my example. For the pattern paper, I used Exuberant Pattern Paper.

Shop the paper over Simon Says Stamp HERE.

hello friend

If you have not tried Partial Die-cutting yet, THIS is the set to try. Thanks to its large size, you can see exactly which area you like to die cut.

hello friend-002

With the coordinating stencil and stamp, I was able to add colors to the bloom and leaves. It is no wonder that coordinating/layering stencils are SO popular now. The ease of mixing ink colors really takes the guess work out from the serious copic-coloring (remember those struggles?). Make no mistake, I am still perfecting my coloring skills. However, I can't seem to do without these layering stencils right now. Ha-ha.

hello friend-003

Once I was able to cut out the upper part of the bloom, I added a piece of cardstock underneath the sunflower die cut piece.

hello friend-001

Next, I die cut sentiment with Gitter cardstock such as this and added an extra glitter accent (Golden Sunrise) on the side. Shop Simon Says Stamp HERE.

DSC_0045

This card looks complicated to make, but it really is NOT! Last but not least, I took out the small hole punch (Shop SSS here) to add glitter paper (see those tiny bits of dot-like sequins?) for embellishments. 

Please know that Craft Your Life Project Kit can only be only be available via the Ultimate Subscription Plan or Craft Your Life Project Kit Monthly Subscription Plan.


 50% off 16 Mini Ink Blending Brush Bundle on 09/09/2023 from 12:01 am EDT to 11:59 pm EDT.   Shop HERE

Are you liking cards like this? Please feel free to use my text link (affiliated) for your shopping (without additional cost to you). Your support means a lot! 

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Dawn T said...

stunning Virginia. Love the design

Sue D said...

Pretty colors, patterns and I like the sparkle.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wow! The background of black patterned paper really makes the flower pop! Gorgeous card!

Kathy Raker said...

The black and white background really brings out the flower design. Gorgeous!

Linda BL said...

The partial die cut flower looks gorgeous with the black patterned paper. The large flower goes so well with the bold pattern. Makes such a pretty fall card.

brandco2450@gmail.com said...

Just beautiful!

Denise Bryant said...

So pretty! Love this big bloom and the contrast with the black print paper design!

Ms. Tamp said...

Great contrast using the pattern.