Thursday, November 2, 2023

DIY Birthday Celebration Decor

 Hello friends!

I have a super special post to share. As paper crafters, we know how wonderful it is to put our special "crafting skills" into great use.  All-occasion cards, birthday or anniversary invites....we do them all. 

First, let's talk about the product I used. Paper Rose is an Australian company and offers many types of paper and stamps and dies. You can find their product at Simon Says Stamp and Scrapbook. com.

This time, I was tasked to create birthday banners, cake topper and decoration for my grandson's first birthday party. The party took place last month and it was a success! Since my grandson loves avocado and what can be more fitting to create Avocado-themed party decor

I searched high and low and finally found the Avocado die from Paper Rose. At the time of order, it was down to two sets of avocado dies left over Scrapbook. com.  I ordered as soon as I could and got right to work as soon as the die set arrived. First, I created a birthday cake topper.

Birthday banners #2

Next, I created the party banners.  For this project, I am using Altenew Party Banner Die

 
*Shop this Party Banner Die over Altenew HERE 
and Party Banner and Pocket Banner Bundle Die HERE
 
 *Scrapbook. com doesn't have the Altenew set, but has  an exclusiveNested Flag Die Set that offers great value.
 
Birthday banner #1
The avocado die is super cute and small, I had to use banner die to make them stand out .

For the Number Die, I used Altenew Mega Number Die.

 *Shop Bold Number Die over Simon Says Stamp , Shop Scrapbook. com HERE

#1

The Spellbinders glitter Foam Sheet (Scrapbook. com, Simon Says Stamp) was perfect to add a touch of celebratory vibe. I love how all the decor turned out. It was most memorable, especially that I made them myself. 

I hope today's post offers you some ideas about creating your own birthday decor. Thank you for supporting this blog and me by visiting and using my affiliated (product text) links for your craft-shopping.

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Dawn T said...

So cute Virginia. Just a gorgeous die.

Nurse Ratchet said...

The avocado decor is just so much fun! You must have had a blast creating it all for that sweet birthday boy🥑💚🥑💚🥑

Denise Bryant said...

How fun! Happy 1st Birthday to your grandson!

Linda BL said...

Such a cute idea for the cake topper and banner!

I Card Everyone said...

I live with the fussiest eater in the world, Virginia - I'm convinced it is because he wasn't encouraged to try ALL foods as a child!
Good for your daughter for introducing avocados to her son! And you get the 'grandma' of the year award for these darling decorations for his birthday!
=]

brandco2450@gmail.com said...

What a wonderful idea! The avocado theme worked out really well!

Ms. Tamp said...

Nice banner and topper. I don't think I've seen this company, but will be on the lookout.

Kathy Raker said...

So cute! Happy Birthday to your grandson.