Hello friends!
It's that time of the year again...
Yesterday we had the first snowfall of winter 2018.
I thought it would be perfect to tackle this stamp set as well.
I thought it would be perfect to tackle this stamp set as well.
from: Scrapbook.com
The wintery village in this stamp set are small yet offer tons of details!
I also love the sentiment (see today's post title) from the "Snowflake Sentiment" Penny Black Stamp set that I incorporated into my card design today.
A stamp set like Sparkling Bright is full of POSSIBILITIES, yet it may seem to be a bit daunting.
I mean... so many lovely images! .... Where to start!?
I'd say: "pick an image first and go from there"
And that's exactly what I did.
I started out with white-embossing the village and that was very easy to do.
Once I have done that, I started painting in the watercolors. I used partially Distress Oxide and Prima Marketing Metallic Paint (SSS here).
Once I have done that, I started painting in the watercolors. I used partially Distress Oxide and Prima Marketing Metallic Paint (SSS here).
The coloring part was super relaxing until I white-embossed the sentiment that turned out "burned" by my heat gun! This rarely happens , but it has to happen on my gorgeous snowy sky!!!
I do not curse, but those words did came to my mind for a sec.... 😬
Of course, I resorted to "cover up".
Thus, the sentiment with die cut with "Paper Scrolls Die" (Penny Black).
And that is how I decide that the sentiment has to land squarely right in the middle of the card.
The End. 😅
Scrapbook. com offers 15% off on over 10,000 Holiday-themed items in our Store!
This sale ends today (November 11th at midnight MST).
Today is the last day! Shop HERE.
This sale ends today (November 11th at midnight MST).
Today is the last day! Shop HERE.
Hope you like the snowy village.
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Thanks so much for stopping by!






11 comments:
Beautiful stamp set! Love your card!
Really beautiful card, what a lovely set to work with
Wonderful stamp set and I like the white embossed village you made.
Such a beautiful card!!!
Love the wintery village and how you incorporated it into your card. If you can believe this, I had looked at the
Is exact stamp set earlier this morning. Did not even pay attention to the wintertime village. You brought it to life!
Lovely, peaceful and probably indicative of what you see out your windows. ADORE village stamps and this rendering of is one of the best I've seen. So pretty. The way you embossed around your sentiment is really beautiful.
Your card is truly joyous! The village is wonderful, the blue sky .... everything!! I do wonder how you saved the sentiment.
Stunning winter village, Virginia - just love your watercoloring!!
And you 'tackle'd well! What a lovely winter scene!!
Beautiful Virginia.
So beautiful!
Post a Comment