Hello friends!
I have this stamp for a while now and, finally, I got a chance to give it some LOVE!
I started out with stamping the image with Zig Markers and Distress Inks.
Then things didn't pan out the way I had envisioned....
The color mix became murky due to the timing and color choice.
Enters the
from: Simon Says Stamp
BEST cover-up ever!
BEST cover-up ever!
be warned: gilded flakes can be a hot mess.
Every time I open it, I feel like the flakes are going to fly out...( like a Pandora's box!? LOL)
I have a designated cardboard box when using the gilding flakes. I find it much easier to contain the mess. Also, try not to sneeze or have small children around.
There, you are good to go.
There, you are good to go.
If you like the artsy, glitzy and polished look, then it's definitely worth it!
A jar of Tonic RADIANT GOLD Nuvo Gilding Flakes can last a long time!
A jar of Tonic RADIANT GOLD Nuvo Gilding Flakes can last a long time!
So far, I find that the easiest way using the gilded flakes is dabbing the ZIG Glue Pen and then press and cover the flakes into it. You can use these glue pen (see here).
Double-sided tape like these will work best when adding stripey accent or embellishments.
The sentiment is from Yuletide sentiment.
Double-sided tape like these will work best when adding stripey accent or embellishments.
The sentiment is from Yuletide sentiment.
Hope that you enjoy reading about Gilding Flakes and this lovely stamp set BERRY SPECKLED.
You can find out the latest release about Penny Black Stamps here.
Of course, I also used my new favorite toy Heatwave Pen (We R Memory Keepers)
and added that fine line at the bottom and a few tiny gold dots.
By the way, you can see Simon Says Stamp latest release here!
You can use code "HARVEST" to get $5 off.
I just got a few items from this release in the mail today!
I can't wait to create and share with you!
BIG thanks to you for shopping through my highlighted link.
If you do, I know my posts are helpful, informative and inspiring (hopefully)..... 💓
Thanks for stopping by!
You can use code "HARVEST" to get $5 off.
I just got a few items from this release in the mail today!
I can't wait to create and share with you!
BIG thanks to you for shopping through my highlighted link.
If you do, I know my posts are helpful, informative and inspiring (hopefully)..... 💓
Thanks for stopping by!





15 comments:
Wow! The gilding flakes add such a dynamic effect and they are now on my wish list!! I've always been intimidated by them as I thought it was complicated to use, but apparently not! :)
So gorgeous with the gilding flakes, Virginia! Just love what you did with that branch stamp!!
Personally, love the addition of the gilding. Looks beautiful with your lovely watercoloring. That's a great image and the gold makes it even more festive.
Is it bad to say it makes me feel better that not all your creations are as you originally intended? I love how you "covered" up the bits you weren't happy with. Thanks for inspiring us to take another look before throwing card panels into the recycle bin. <3
I love the building, Virginia. You've made another amazing card.
Very pretty fix.
Beautiful watercolored stamping and the gold gilded flakes are stunning!
I like this stamp and your card is beautiful. However, I thank you very much for the information on 'gilded flakes'.....that's a product I've thought about. My concern was the 'overflow' of flakes--I even have trouble controlling sequins.
That card is absolutely gorgeous !
WOW Virginia, this is beautiful. I love the look of guilding flakes. I don't have those but I do have the gold guilding sheets and it works the same. I put the bits left over in a jar and use them as you do the flakes. A beautiful look.
Gorgeous!! I am addicted to these flakes and can't have enough inspiration to use and apply them! Thanks for that! (having a dog around when working with flakes is also NOT a good idea... ask me how I know..)
You are always a superlative!!! Thanks so much for the inspiration.
So gorgeous!!
Loved seeing your work posted with Penny Black. Great ideas! Have never used gilding flakes. If I do, I will take your suggestions.
Love your Friday Feature over at PB! The gilding flakes are a wonderful touch to your watercoloring and you have such a way with COLOR!
Post a Comment