Hello friends!
It is my turn to share a project over Altenew Blog today!
This time, I decide to talk about creating cards with depth and textures.
I am using Night Before Christmas for my project.
Shop Night Before Christmas over Simon Says Stamp here.
I am using Night Before Christmas for my project.
Shop Night Before Christmas over Simon Says Stamp here.
First let's check out the stamping of the Christmas tree.
I took a colorful approach and did some multi-color stamping. This can be easily done with stamp positioner like MISTI or Tim Holtz Stamp Platform. However, you can still achieve this look simply by inking up the stamp on the acrylic block one color at at time.
Next, let's talk about "depth". To me, stacking a few dies under the stamped die cut is the easiest way to achieve new height and add dimensions. If you do get the die, you may as well make it "worth it", right?
There is an unsung hero in this project....it is
Halftone Stencil
Once I decided on the area that I want to cover, I applied white Embossing Paste over the stencil and let it dry.
At last, it comes to the exciting part...decorate the tree!
For the "snow", Silver Moondust Nuvo Glitter Drops and Tonic White Blizzard Nuvo were dusted and sprinkled...Topping off the tree with a silver DMC String bow and sequin was fun, too!
Don't forget that I get to share some extra tips and give away a $15 Gift Card to Altenew Shop every month, So, please feel free to leave me a comment for a chance to win!
If you are purchasing any products that I used, please click on the highlighted links and they will take you to the source. All affiliate links are applied at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support.
I also appreciate that you leave me some blog love over Altenew Blog.
Don't forget that I get to share some extra tips and give away a $15 Gift Card to Altenew Shop every month, So, please feel free to leave me a comment for a chance to win!
If you are purchasing any products that I used, please click on the highlighted links and they will take you to the source. All affiliate links are applied at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support.
I also appreciate that you leave me some blog love over Altenew Blog.
Thanks for stopping by!




17 comments:
Love how you did the tree with the glittery elements. I always enjoy seeing your work!
Gorgeous card. Love the colours.
Valerija xx
Love the colors and the snow!
Love the pretty colors on the tree and the stenciled background.
have to say, love the non-traditional colors on this lovely tree. The addition of the dots and snow really make it pop.
Love the colors you used. Very non-traditional. Did you use Tim Holtz Distress Oxide for this technique?-Maria Giselle B.
Beautiful colors, beautiful tree. Your paste dots are the crowning touch as is you silver string. Lovely.
So much yummy texture, Virginia! I love your multi-colored tree and your beautiful CAS design makes everything pop on this card...Amazing, my friend!
Thanks for the links to all these fabulous goodies...off I go :)
I like the colors on your pretty little tree, the is delightful!
Beautiful card! Love the colors on the tree. The background is lovely.
Just love your colorful tree with the embossed background, Virginia!
I love this pretty blend of color! So adorable!
Love this beautiful tree, Virginia! The added texture from the embossing paste is genius!
Oh, I just love your card! The colors are the tree are just gorgeous and that background is the perfect setting for the tree! I love how you angled the dots leaving some of the background plain. I love EVERY SINGLE THING about this card!!
This colourful Christmas tree is so beautiful !
I love the multi colors!
I love the multicolored tree and the texture from the paste!
Post a Comment