Hello friends!
I am popping in with a quick share...
So, a week ago, I found out that I will be doing a Make & Take session with Altenew projects at my local Scrapfest near Toronto. It was such a frantic time that I forgot how I came up with the project....
I made a sample card and this. was. IT!
The session was divided into a 3-step process: floral background, layering dies and stenciled details. I have never actually run a Make and Take before, but I sure have attended plenty of them.
It's a delicate balance to keep the project easy and interesting for attendees who are in all levels of stamping (from novice to advanced).
Step 1: for the floral background, I used "Just Because"
(shop Altenew here, shop Simon Says Stamp here).
(shop Altenew here, shop Simon Says Stamp here).
Step 2: Layering Dies as the focal point.
Shop Altenew here
Shop Simon Says Stamp here
Step 3:
Shop Simon Says Stamp here
Shop Altenew here
I am happy to report that no one at the event complained that it was too tricky or too simple.... 😁😅
Noticed some of the crafters came up with a slightly different design of their own? LOVE that!
And because Altenew is super generous....no one went home empty-handed!
The croppers all went home with a prize! We are hoping to do more events like this.
The croppers all went home with a prize! We are hoping to do more events like this.
If you are interested in purchasing any of the products that I have listed,
simply click on the photo and it will take you right to the source.
Shop Simon Says Stamp here
(use promo code "HARVEST" to have $5 taken off).
Shop Altenew here.
I appreciate that you use my affiliate links to do your shopping. This will not add to your cost. In return, it will help me to continue to share and run this blog. You can see my affiliation here.
Thank you for stopping by!
edited: PLEASE help me test my affiliate links---->if anyone use the links to make a purchase, please e-mail me becr8ive2@gmail.com
I will send you a die and a card!! (offer expires Nov. 1st, 11:59pm)
simply click on the photo and it will take you right to the source.
Shop Simon Says Stamp here
(use promo code "HARVEST" to have $5 taken off).
Shop Altenew here.
I appreciate that you use my affiliate links to do your shopping. This will not add to your cost. In return, it will help me to continue to share and run this blog. You can see my affiliation here.
Thank you for stopping by!
edited: PLEASE help me test my affiliate links---->if anyone use the links to make a purchase, please e-mail me becr8ive2@gmail.com
I will send you a die and a card!! (offer expires Nov. 1st, 11:59pm)




10 comments:
Your card is gorgeous Virginia! I'm sure all of those ladies enjoyed crafting with you!
Looks like your card was a big hit! What a fun event!
So pretty!!
You sure chose wisely for your make & take. The card is lovely. Better yet, your example allowed the participants to imagine and magically create their special card. And even better yet, for those new to this craft, they were able to experience three different yet necessary techniques: 1. stamping, 2. stenciling and 3. die cutting. Virginia, you were brilliant to use these three basis techniques. Methinks, there will be more adventures in showing and sharing in your future.
First of all, your design is impressive and beautiful. Seccondly, it appears all your participants in the project were successful and they look delighted. Seems to me you knocked it out of the park administratively and creatively. Perfect (but don't break your arm patting yourself on the back. You'll need it for all you upcoming awesome cards).
That is gorgeous! What a fun make and take with various techniques!love it!!!
Fabulous card for a make n take.
This was a great card !!
Such pretty project!
What a great project! Love that it features dies, stamps and stencils!
Post a Comment