Hello friends!
Warning: photo-heavy post
Warning: photo-heavy post
It's my turn to do Stamp focus feature over Altenew Card Blog
In case you are not familiar with Stamp Focus, it is to share a few projects with the same die/stamp sets. I love this kind of feature, if you follow my blog for a while. You often see my many takes on one stamp/die sets.
Let's get right to it, shall we?
"Peace on Earth" proves popular set in Altenew's September release.
Shop Altenew here (bundle)
My first card is a one layer!
For one layer cards I like to plan out the layout in my head first. So I first stamped the Christmas tree with a various shade of green. (Shop Green Fields Mini Simon Says Stamp here,
Altenew here). Of course, I relied on MISTI for any type of multi-color stamping.
As for the ornament? You may not think I needed the die for this. But I actually use the die's negative (scrap paper) as a mask and applied ink (Sea Shore Ink: Altenew here, Simon Says Stamp here)
The ornament was embossed in Antique Silver A piece of DMC silver thread adds to a nice touch to the design.
For my 2nd card, I used nearly every stamp from the set!
I love the Christmas Greeting in different languages. They provide such a nice background!
The white-embossing on Dark Gray card stock seems to add a touch of sophistication.
I embossed the ornament with
The Golden Peach Crisp Embossing Powder on Bazzill Vellum. I love that it still shows the embossed background and yet the ornament is still up front and in the center.
The Golden Peach Crisp Embossing Powder on Bazzill Vellum. I love that it still shows the embossed background and yet the ornament is still up front and in the center.
I actually pierced a hole and tied a bow on top. A few random Champagne sequins complete the card.
My 3rd card focuses on the leaf bough/branches.

You can simply inked and die cut the pine in green and arrange them however you like. I resorted to one of my favorite medium-Alcohol Ink.
The colors I used are Patina, Pool, Clover and Flamingo
Once I am happy with the alcohol-inked color palette, I white-embossed the pine image and made the die cut. Assemble. Add enamel dots.
Do you happen to know that Altenew's Shimmer Ink Sprays are perfect for ink-splatter? I used Coral Berry in this case.
Just when I thought I was done, I thought of another design with a shaker element...
I just HAD to try it and see for myself.
I started out with a piece of white-embossed ornament on Hot Off The Press Heat Resistent Acetate. After making the die cut on grey card stock, I added foam and insert Pixie Dust sequins in between and that pretty much was it.
And oh...those tiny silver dots? I foiled them with Tiny Bubbles Stencil with my Heat Wave Pen (We R Memory Keeper).
Here is the grand finale.
I hope that you are convinced that Peace on Earth is one of the best new Christmas stamp sets!
*All products I used are highlighted like this, just click and it will take you to the source.
π---> Altenew new release over Simon Says Stamp here
(code: HARVEST=$5 off)
I would really appreciate that you stop by Altenew Card Blog and leave me some love!
There is a $15 Altenew Gift Card giveaway every month!
The more you comment, the more chances to win!
I will be announcing Build-a-Flower Giveaway ($20) on Oct. 7th.







13 comments:
Beautiful cards, Virginia. Those globe ornaments are really lovely, and the embossing you've done really highlights their uniqueness. I couldn't pick of favorite from these if I tried! They are all lovely and serene. Bev
So happy you're showing off this set. Purchased it because you recommended it in a previous post. You've proven how versatile it is in this one. Delighted that not only is there an ornament and pine sprigs but all those languages celebrating Christmas. Each one of your cards are stunning with their Virginia touches.
Wow! These are indeed all beautiful and each one so unique! Thank you for sharing these and ideas on how to use this set!
I just love this beautiful set you are featuring! Your shaker card is my favorite! This set is definitely on my wish list!
Beautiful, beautiful, Virginia. I am especially taken by your lst card 'Peace on Earth' not only the beauty of the card but the sentiment. Wouldn't Peace on Earth be wonderful?!
That ornament with the globe is SO cool! You did a beautiful job on all the cards. You inspire me to try new things each time I hop to your blog.
Your cards are totally breathtaking, Virginia! You make me really want that set.
what a great collection of cards!
I love what you do with color Virginia, these are all amazing!!
stunning Virginia. You have made some amazing cards from this set.
Beautiful cards made with this set.
I left you a comment over at Altenew's blog because you did some great great cards with this awesome stamp set.
So many great looks at this set! I love the detail in the pine bough and you've used the ornament so beautifully!
Post a Comment