Hello friends!
We are celebrating a birthday ...nope, I am NOT turning 92.
It's my Father-in-law Benjamin.
It's my Father-in-law Benjamin.
Miss you Swirl Etched Die from Spellbinders
I want to created a photo frame card for my dear Father-in-law to remind him of our love for him.
He has dementia and no longer recognizes who we are.
I hope this photo card will makes him smile.
I want to created a photo frame card for my dear Father-in-law to remind him of our love for him.
He has dementia and no longer recognizes who we are.
I hope this photo card will makes him smile.
Despite his dementia, he continues to be the nicest person and is always so content and pleasant.
The retirement home staff truly adore and love him!
We are continued to be amazed by his grace and manners.
We are continued to be amazed by his grace and manners.
In addition to his photo card, I also made a birthday number card.
This is reminding him how old he is.
Every time, we tell him how old he is, he always answers:"What...THAT old!!? ME? (pointing to himself)" and then he would laugh and laugh...
And 5 minutes later, we will repeat the same Q&A.
We find it helpful to write things down, so he can read slowly over and over again.
I am glad that I put my supplies and skills into a meaningful use today.
Here is a recent photo of me and my daughter visiting Ye-Ye( Grandpa in Mandarin).
I have listed all the supplies below with the affiliate links, if interested.
Spellbinders has a promotion--buy one get one free!
Today is the last day for this promotion.
Click here for more info.
Thank you for stopping by!
Here is a recent photo of me and my daughter visiting Ye-Ye( Grandpa in Mandarin).
I have listed all the supplies below with the affiliate links, if interested.
Spellbinders has a promotion--buy one get one free!
Today is the last day for this promotion.
Click here for more info.
Thank you for stopping by!







13 comments:
What a special post. Blessings.
Wonderful ideas. My dad had dementia and I made a scrapbook for him with family photos and labels to remind him of who everyone is. I am not sure it helped him that much but the staff liked to look at it to know more about his family.
This is such a sweet tribute to a man who has been on this earth 92 years. It shows how precious he is to your family and how you want to make him happy. The cards and notes you provide him certainly must enhance his life immeasurably. I was touched by you wonderful care of him.
Beautiful cards & a great way to provide him with reminders.
Excellent card, Virginia. How lovely and gracious your father-in-law must be. Wishing him a good year.
It's so nice to have a photo of the three of you together. Plus, your cards are perfect to celebrate the occasion.
Sweet cards for him!
It reminds me of when my Dad was 80. He had received a jury duty summons, and was fretting about it. I showed him on the postcard where it said that he could be excused because of his age, since he was over 75. He thought that was funny since he thought he was 70 and not 80. After that, any ache or pain he had he said was my fault because he now knew he was really 80. I guess I shouldn't have told him!
What a beautiful post today, Virginia! I love both cards and I'm sure your FIL will, too!
Hi Virginia, What a BEAUTIFUL sweet post today. Your father in law looks so sweet and adorable, I am so sorry to hear that he has dementia, I use to work in a nursing home many years ago and many of our patients had it. I love that he is so happy and cherry, that is wonderful. Your daughter is Beautiful, you have such a beautiful Family Virginia you must be very proud, you are very lucky, Cherish them. Happy 92nd Birthday Benjamin and many more!!!!
What a wonderful tribute to your father- in-law
Such a lovely idea for your FIL. Even if he doesn't remember you, he will get pleasure out of seeing them.
So super sweet!!
Thanks for sharing this sweet post!
Post a Comment