Saturday, October 27, 2018

Maximize Your Dies!

Hello friends! 
Have you joined the Die-namic Blog Hop with Altenew?
There is prizes/giveaway, so be sure to enter your comments.

NOEL

Today's card is another fun idea on using the dies!

Ding--->  have you tried to use the negative part of the die as a template/stencil? I did just that and too an extra step.... I stamped the sentiment in various colors to create a star-shaped text background!
 
noel (2)

The stamping of the star was easy as the tri-fold instructions are very helpful.
To make the star shiny and sturdy, I clear-embossed the entire star by inking it up with Embossing Ink 2-3 times.Not only that this makes the star shiny, it also helped to build-up the thickness of the star!

Noel-001

 Hope today's post gives you some inspiration and perhaps you may look at your die collections with fresh eyes!?

 Today's is also the last day promotion for 15% off Altenew Dies! 

s
Also....
  • s
    This weekend only! Receive a FREE Watercolor Postcards(value $5) with every order from 10/27/2018 at 12:01 am EDT through 10/28/2018 at 11:59 pm EDT. Shop here The free gift will be added to cart automatically. Not valid on previous orders. While supplies last!
 
the great deals up to 40% off on select items now through 10/28/2018 or while supplies last. Shop here  
 
FREE U.S. shipping on orders over $100 with code USFREE 
  • $7 off international shipping on orders over $100 with code SHIP70FF

Thanks so much for stopping by!

8 comments:

Denise Bryant said...

Pretty card, Virginia! I often use the negative cut for my cards but have not used it as a stencil yet. Great idea!

Harriet said...

I do use negative cuts when possible. Great card!

Cindy C. said...

Oh yes it is always fun to use the negative cuts as masks or stencils. Great projects Virginia!

Tracey Magner said...

Hi Virginia, What a Beautiful bright card, love the colors. I never thought of using the negative cuts like you and everyone else, I do save for scrap, but I guess I just don't think "outside the box" like you all do. I have been trying to work on that and getting inspired, so hopefully I can see myself grow in my cards a year from now. Thanks for the idea and a wonderful post today, Thanks, Hugs, Tracey

Dana M said...

Super fun and festive card! Love the colors and great technique to use the die cuts as a stencil.

conil said...

Clever, clever, clever. Love that you used the negative as a stencil...and the included stamping. Just a wonderful design element.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

I LOVE this pretty card!

Purple Princess said...

Great idea!!