Hello friends!
I am popping in with a quick post about coloring with Distress Inks.
It has been a while now. I have been using Distress Oxide and nearly neglected the Distress Inks for the longest time.
I am popping in with a quick post about coloring with Distress Inks.
It has been a while now. I have been using Distress Oxide and nearly neglected the Distress Inks for the longest time.
If you enjoy safe coloring (without having to color larger open area),
this stamp "Christmas Arrangement" (from Penny Black) is very manageable.
this stamp "Christmas Arrangement" (from Penny Black) is very manageable.
I love the details of this cling stamp as they are so refined and pretty.
In order to show off the entire stamp image (without trimming off edges) and adding textures, I dry-emboss the largest die ( Stitched Stackers or see below) mounted it directly to the card front. This can be easily done with the Tan Embossing Mat.
Lastly, I added strings and Nuvo Red Droplets and gold strings to complete the design.
You can find all the products I used for today's card.

I will be back with another version using the same stamp.
In order to show off the entire stamp image (without trimming off edges) and adding textures, I dry-emboss the largest die ( Stitched Stackers or see below) mounted it directly to the card front. This can be easily done with the Tan Embossing Mat.
Ding--->Use your shape dies to add textures! Not only your rectangles, ovals, squares are perfect for die-cutting, but they are also excellent for adding textures, especially the dies that have stitched and decorative edges! In today's card, I used the Stitched Stackers (not for die-cutting, but for adding details and textures).
Lastly, I added strings and Nuvo Red Droplets and gold strings to complete the design.
You can find all the products I used for today's card.

I will be back with another version using the same stamp.
Have a beautiful day!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Scrapbook.com has a Penny Black Sale, (click here).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Scrapbook.com has a Penny Black Sale, (click here).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*All product links are listed below. Affiliate links are applied at no additional cost to you.
Thank you for your support.





6 comments:
Very pretty coloring!!
Once again, you've awed me with your coloring skills and the way you brought this image to life. All the additional details (you know I love dry embossing), Nuvo drops, gold thread, add so much to the card.
The embossed edge sure adds a nice touch to your already beautiful card! I try to use my regular distress inks as well, not just focus on the distress oxides.
Love the embossed frame Virginia. My poor distress inks haven't been used in a while either.... tend to do my colouring with my watercolour paints since I got them. Must remember to get the DI's out to do some painting.
Beautiful image! I forget about embossing with my dies. Have to do that more often!
It is a beautiful card. the colors of these markers are beautiful. I am sure they are even more vibrant in person. Thank you for sharing. Looking forward to your new card
Post a Comment